Sessions Per Week: 3 sessions
Session Duration: 1 Hour 15 minutes
Fee Per Month (1-on-1 Tuition): PKR 6,000
The aims of the syllabus, which are not listed in order of priority, are to:
1. Provide, through well-designed studies of experimental and practical science, a worthwhile educational experience for all candidates, whether or not they go on to study science beyond this level and, in particular, to enable them to acquire sufficient understanding and knowledge
1.1 To become confident citizens in a technological world, able to take or develop an informed interest in matters of scientific import;
1.2 To recognise the usefulness, and limitations, of scientific method and to appreciate its applicability in other disciplines and in everyday life;
1.3 To be suitably prepared for studies beyond Cambridge O Level in pure sciences, in applied sciences or in science-dependent vocational courses.
2. Develop abilities and skills that
2.1 Are relevant to the study and practice of science;
2.2 Are useful in everyday life;
2.3 Encourage efficient and safe practice;
2.4 Encourage effective communication.
3. Develop attitudes relevant to science such as
3.1 Concern for accuracy and precision;
4. Stimulate interest in and care for the local and global environment.
5. Promote an awareness that:
5.1 The study and practice of science are co-operative and cumulative activities, that are subject to social, economic, technological, ethical and cultural influences and limitations;
5.2 The applications of sciences may be both beneficial and detrimental to the individual, the community and the environment.