The history and culture of Pakistan
This part of the syllabus aims to provide insights into the origins, creation, and development of Pakistan and encourages discussion of issues facing Pakistan. It aims to enable candidates to:
• Acquire knowledge and understanding of the human past.
• Investigate historical events, changes, people, and issues.
• Develop an understanding of how the past has been represented and interpreted.
• Develop an understanding of the nature and use of historical evidence.
• Organise and communicate knowledge and understanding of history.
• Develop and stimulate an interest and enthusiasm for history and acquire a basis for further historical
• Develop an understanding of the nature of cause and consequence, continuity and change, and similarity and difference.
• The environment of Pakistan.
This part of the syllabus aims to give candidates knowledge and understanding of the importance to
the people and country of Pakistan of its physical characteristics, human and natural resources, economic development, population characteristics, and of their inter-relationships.